Saturday, February 28, 2009

Eggs, Gambrel and Rocks????

As you can tell I like to change my blog to fit my mood or the season. Well today LeeLou blogs put up their new free 3 column templates and of course I had to change. I look like a Easter egg. Not liking it...at all! I am going to leave it for a day or two but don't be surprised if "bam" its gone.


Moving on...This past week has been a tough one for me. I started out the week floating but very exhausted. He knew that this week was going to be a challenge. As always God provides what we need when we need it. There is always a phone call, an email a blog response or a face book funny that comes from one of my buds that keeps me going. I can't help but know that this is God!


On top of everything else going on in our lives Brent Gambrel challenged me over the weekend. Like I needed anything else to stress about. I am one of those folks he talked about. You know the ones that have been in church most of my life. One of those people that have had the word of God poured into me every Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Wednesday evening. I am one of those people that is so full that I am about to bust at the seems. I guess I am afraid to share any of my good news. I have all of this good stuff inside me and for some reason I don't want to share. I have never really been selfish or at least I didn't think I was selfish...but giving money, food, clothes or my time will never make up for the times that I have missed in the past 25 years to tell others about God. Brent told us to be a funnel. Take in and then pour out to all of those around us. If not we become stagnant.

57As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, "I will follow you wherever you go."
58Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." 59He said to another man, "Follow me." But the man replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father." 60Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God." 61 Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good-by to my family." 62Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God." - Luke 9:57-62


Once again God has revealed to me that the decisions I have made over the past year have all been for him. I have thought many times why fool with this...And always God shows me why. Thank God for in our times of weakness He is always there to get us through.


One last thing today...this past week my status on facebook was "God always provides. It may not be what we want but it is always what we need. Amen!" Teri, a friend of mine from church commented, "Does this mean you got a rock instead of a diamond?" I laughed so hard I am glad no one was around they would of thought I was crazy. When God gives me rocks...I should know what to do with them...Kenny is the Rock Man!



I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. Be the funnel!!!



God is so Good!

4 comments:

Kendra Lee said...

Ohhhhhh! Love that - the funnel illustration! Praying many will see that when we are filled, we are supposed to pour out!!! (Then get filled again, then pour out, filled, poured out... you get the picture!!

Lois Christensen said...

Love the funnel illustration as well! Love how honest you always are with us! Thanks for sharing! And I love your new look!!!

Simply Debbie said...

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY YOUR BLOG...THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO READ IT.
I LIKE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY AND HOW YOU SAY IT.
BLESSINGS
debbie

A House FULL of Grace said...

Loved your post! You are inspiring and honest and it is always uplifting to hear what God is doing in your life. To Him be the glory! Blessings to you, dear!