Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Listen...

Luke 8:18
Be sure to pay attention to what you hear. To those who are open to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But to those who are not listening, even what they think they have will be taken away from them.


My mom used to tell me, "If you would shut your mouth for just a minute and listen you may hear what I am saying." Wow! What a concept. Listen! I know that most of the time my mouth is running and I am hearing nothing. My bible study is about listening. How God is talking to us but we are not hearing Him.

I think I am listening...The cell phone, computer, TV, kids, hubby, house cleaning, cooking, school work...Surely I can do all of this and still talk to God. Well, maybe talk but am I really going to be able to listen with all of these distractions. No...I don't truly think I can talk to him with these distractions. It drives me crazy when I am talking to one of the girls and they do not pay attention, so how do you think that makes Him feel.

Once again it is not about me, me, me! It is about Him, Him, HIM!!

I must intentionally sit down and have a conversation with Him. Sit down and have a cup of coffee and talk to him like a friend, because he is my best friend. He puts up with a lot from me but is always there to LISTEN.

No comments: