Wednesday, October 15, 2008

God will provide!


After my last post I told myself that I would not do anything else political. Well...Sorry.
Just one more. I received an e-mail and it really got me to thinking.

Why I Can't Vote For Obama -By Huntley Brown
...In an election there are many issues to consider but when a society gets abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic stem-cell research, and human cloning to name a few...economic concerns will soon not matter.


So what does all this mean for the nation? In the past when someone with the beliefs of Obama lead a nation it meant one thing - judgment.

-Read 1 Samuel 8 when Israel asked for a king. First God says in 1 Samuel 1:9 "Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will do."

-Then God says 1 Samuel 1:18 '"When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day."
-19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. "No!" they said. "We want a king over us."


-20 "Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles."

-21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the LORD.

-22 The LORD answered, "Listen to them and give them a king."...

Mr. Brown brought up many good points in his e-mail. He made me think about how God fits into this whole equation. God is everything!

How would I explain my vote to God? Wow! Think about that for a minute...then be truthful to yourself. Remember that God is always in control and He always provides.

My choice this election is McCain-Palin, not because they are republican and I feel that is the only way to vote, not that I feel like they are a great choice, not that I want a woman to be second in command, and not that I think that they will get our economy going in the right direction. My choice is McCain-Palin because I feel that they support not legalizing abortion, they will keep marriage between one man and one woman, and they will support Israel. I am choosing them in support of my God. The economy is the economy and I don't know why I even worry...He always provides.


No comments: