Monday, October 20, 2008

Alycia is...17!

Happy Birthday!



Today at 2:18 Alycia Dawn Noland is 17. It is a little hard for me to say. When she turned 16 it was all about the driving. Seventeen is all about the year before she is an adult. Wow! Where has all the time gone. When I look at Alycia she is still my little girl...the little girl that would snuggle up in my lap when she was tired, the little girl that needed me when she skinned her knees, the little girl that practiced her Bible verse with me on the way to church, the little girl that crawled in bed with me to watch the old shows, the little girl that always had a smile for me and everybody else has grown into a wonderful young woman.


She didn't come into this world easy. She was three weeks overdue so I was ready for her to come. I went into labor around 5 a.m. on the the nineteenth of October and didn't have her until 2:18 on the 20th. She was delivered by an emergency c-section. What started out being one of the scariest times for Kenny and I ended with a wonderful blessing from God. It seems like just yesterday they handed her to me and in the next few years we will be handing her into the world. I am proud of Alycia and all the things she has overcome. Sometimes I find myself wishing I could have her strength. Today we are going to celebrate the 6,205 days that she has blessed our lives.




Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Alycia, Happy Birthday to you!!


Love, Mom & Dad





These pictures were not approved by the birthday girl. I am sure as soon as she sees them they will change. HaHa!:) All I can say is I love both pictures.

No comments: