Saturday, March 14, 2009

Our Journey

As a child and as an adult I have always been intrigued by the story of Moses. I have always wondered how their shoes lasted so long, how they could just keep walking for all of those years and not find where they were going. Did he loose folks that just got tired of the meandering around in the dessert? How about clothes...in a 40 yr period I am sure I still wouldn't be the same size. A lot of questions that always come back to our Amazing God! He always gives us just what we need. NEED! Yes, I said need.

Can you imagine your husband coming home tonight and telling you and your family, "We are going to follow our next door neighbor George and he is going to take us to the promise land." I can hear the screams now. Alycia would be saying, "I have plans with my friends I can't be following George!" "Where is this promise land and can I take some of my friends?" Kacey would be wanting to wait until cheer leading competition was over and wanting to know if we could take Wags. I would be wanting to know how long we would be gone and what kind of temperatures would I need to be packing for? I have been reminded this past week that the journey we have been on this past 8 months or so is like our own journey to the promise land. There has been many struggles and difficulties but there has never been anything that we needed that God did not supply. Everything that has happened during our journey has happened for a reason. The good, the bad, the happy and the sad has all been part of our journey.


This past Sunday our journey led us to a church down the road that was nice enough to let us use their baptistry. This was our third baptism service since we started Providence. The first two baptismal services were outside during the summer so getting to do it inside in a real baptistry was a treat.


I want you to know that this was the most touching service for me. I know, I know I cry over everything but something about being in a Sanctuary and using a real baptistry opened my flood gates. As I sat, cried and watched eight people be baptised I could picture where we would be in the next few years.

I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us and the community. Pray for GOD to be GLORIFIED in everything we do and say and that we will be a beacon in the community.
Click to play this Smilebox postcard: Baptism
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard




God is so Good!

No comments: