Thursday, March 5, 2009

Coffeeeeee!

Just a short story this morning to give anyone that is a coffee lover a smile. I guess I should say an addicted coffee lover a smile. As the alarm was going off this morning Kenny says to me did you get coffee yesterday. Ahhhhh No I didn't know that we were out. Well...don't know how it is in your house but we don't do so well without coffee in the morning. (Understatement!!!)

I jumped up and put my clothes on, brushed my teeth and headed out the door. Right behind us is two gas stations that open up early so maybe I won't have to go to the grocery store. First station is not open yet so I go across the street where I see lights. I fly through the door and go to searching. I must of looked panicked because when I finally asked where the coffee was the young man behind the counter come out to show me. As we went down the isle and he realized what I had already knew he got a funny look on his face. I must of looked wild. He took me around the corner where they have their coffee pots to see if they had any on that side...NOTHING. By this time my heart is pounding. I have decided that I am going to buy one of those huge insulated mugs and that should get us through until we can make it some where to get some this morning. The nice young man turns and says to me "How about if I just give you some of ours to get you through until you get to the store?" Wow! I couldn't hardly believe how nice he was. As I left there with my little baggy of coffee and a smile on my face a lady that was dressed very nicely kinda looked me up and down. I thought to myself ,"I know I look terrible."
Little did I know...as I was getting into the car I saw something in the rear view mirror...MY HAIR!!!! I hadn't brushed my HAIR!!!! All I can say is thank God I put my clothes on or this could of been an incident you heard about on the evening news.

Have a great Day!

God is so Good!

2 comments:

A House FULL of Grace said...

Thanks for the smile!

L S Fisher said...

Debbie--I'm one of those people who cannot function without my coffee! Jim always brought along coffee and a campstove everytime we traveled. He thought nothing of pulling into a roadside rest area and brewing a pot of coffee. One time he took our four-cup pot on a plane to New Orleans because the hotel's coffee shop didn't open until 6:00 a.m.