Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Proud American

Election 08'



Yesterday November 4, 2008 was election day. It was a day that was going to make history. The Democrats would have the First African American President or the Republicans would have the first woman Vice President. I never thought I would see either one in my lifetime. Our country has come so far in the past 100 years. My kids have a hard time believing that at one time in our country women or African Americans didn't have the option to vote much less the opportunity to become president.

I have made it no secret that I was voting for the McCain/Palin ticket. I was not crazy about either side but I felt that the Republicans represented more of my beliefs and concerns. Last night as I sat in my living room with family and realized pretty early on that McCain was not going to win a calmness came over me. God knew this was going to happen. This was not a surprise to Him. He was still in control. God uses everything for His glory and this election would be no different.

I have always been patriotic. I was an army brat. My dad served this country for over 20 years. It never mattered who the president was it just mattered that we were Americans that lived in the greatest country in the world. So after a long hard fight for the White House Americans all across this great nation will put aside hard feelings and come together because that is who we are...We are proud Americans.

Last night I immediately started praying for our nation and our new President. I will be in prayer for President Elect Obama and our government over the next days, weeks, and months to come. Our country is going to be experiencing some difficult times and decisions and now is not the time that we should forsake God.
One nation under God and very proud of it.

No comments: