Monday, November 17, 2008

I am a C, I am a Ch...

After the election I wrote about how proud I was to be an American and how proud I was that people with such different views (Republicans/Democrats) could put aside their differences and support the President that we just elected. We are all Americans and no matter what happens during the years prior to or during an election we can all move on. I don't like my neighbors any less that had a sign in their yard for Obama. I also had family that voted for Obama and I still love them. We are a very diverse society and just because we are all proud to be American does not mean that we will all agree on everything.

This train of thought has spilled over in to my thinking about church. Why do we feel that we must agree on everything. We need to focus on what UNITES us not what DIVIDES us. There are a lot of things that divide us...non-truths, harsh words, unforgiving hearts, mean looks, diverse beliefs, unknown theology, closed minds, pride, and so many more. I have experienced division first hand this year. Division is of the devil. People that you think could never do a mean thing are dancing around waist deep in division goo. During battle we are all to proud to admit to any wrong doing. We forget about the one thing that UNITES us. We are all CHRISTIANS!

I go back to my kids singing I am a C, I am a CH, I am a CHRISTIAN! Church is like everything else today, there are many different opinions but we are still working for the same end result. We want to spread the word of God so that others can have everlasting life with him. This is our main job.

I am a C, I am a CH, I am a CHRISTIAN, I have CHRIST in my HEART.....

No comments: