Sunday, April 26, 2009

Keep the Main Thing, The Main Thing

My motivation this week came from Bro. Joe's message Sunday morning. Wow, wow, triple wow...I at one point let out a wooo hooo! and Kacey gave me the look and an elbow...from now on I will use just a hearty Amen! lol!!! Kinda forgot where I was at...Bro. Joe was on fire! I love that feeling! When I am taking notes and just soaking in every single word and I am in my own little world with the Lord!!! Wooo Hooo! Oh sorry...Amen!

We started our series today on Acts. The verses we covered were Acts 1:1-11. Bro. Joe stressed for us to "Keep the Main Thing, the Main Thing!"

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” - Acts 1:8

We should be a witness for Jesus everywhere and in everything that we do. This includes everything that comes out of our mouth. What we love and value we talk about. We talk about our kids, our husbands, our jobs, sports, fashion,food....Would your friends, family and co-workers know how much you love the Lord by what comes out of your mouth? I will be honest this is something that I have to work on...my mouth can get me in trouble.

Another thing that keeps coming up is how we want to be out in the community. Bro. Joe said something that is catchy and I have wrote this just about everywhere so it will stay on my mind. He said, "Come and see...NO! Go and BE!"

Have a great week! Go and BE a witness for the Lord this week!

God is so Good!

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

Go and Be, never heard it like that before...LOVE IT!! Enjoy your week!!