Monday, May 18, 2009

My motivation this morning is fueled by some selfishness. It seems like the older I get the quicker the years go by and the closer my children come to becoming adults. This time of year is always hard...not hard for the seniors but hard for the parents that are seeing their babies move on to the next stage of their life. I have also realized through the years that it is not the little things that I need to stress about...I need to keep the main things "The Main Things" here also.

Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it. - Proverbs 22:6

We have realized that we must be diligent in the training of our children. We must prepare and equip them with the knowledge that they will need to face this world on their own. They must feel comfortable going into the next stage of their lives knowing that what they have been taught is "Truth" not just history. They are equipped with their sword (the Bible) and it can guide them through anything.

“How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word,” - Psalm 119:9


“Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but the woman who fears the Lord shall be praised” Proverbs - 31:30

Have a blessed week!


God is so Good!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I agree... my dearest friend has son that is moving out, graduating, marrying in June, leaving for bootcamp in July... too much to grasp... and wasn't he just playing in the backyard yesterday!! So tough to see them grow up sometimes. It is a very emotional time. She posted Prom pics on her blog and I spent 30 minutes crying (and laughing at myself) a couple of nights ago. Such are the seasons of life!

Sarah Mae said...

Yes yes! Good stuff! It is such a good reminder that God faithfully shows us how to raise our children - and it's not easy, but we have His grace along the way.

:)

thekreativelife said...

This is SUCH a wonderful post! I struggle with the diligence of discipline on a daily basis, but I know that for my children to grow up taking the right paths, it is up to me to guide them NOW.

Thanks so much for sharing and God Bless you!

Lois Christensen said...

Yes each passing year is bringing my Olivia closer to leaving us and the stress I experience is awful! She starts driving this year and a new job in a few weeks. I know that my hubby and I have been faithful in raising her and our son. Great verses!!

Lois Christensen said...

Forgot to tell you, I love your new layout!! Beautiful!!!

A House FULL of Grace said...

What great truth, Debbie. Such a reminder that our part is the training, God's part is the moulding and shaping.

Love the new look...that picture of the girls is awesome!
Sara

Muthering Heights said...

So true! :)