Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Love

It all boils down to LOVE! I have said and have heard people say "I don't understand why they don't believe in God?" Sometimes we get a little to big for our britches...we expect for others just to do it and we don't take the time to love them to the Lord. I see a generation of young people coming up that feel that they are not loved. They know the facts but they are not feeling the love from us. They see us teaching one thing and doing another thing. We are so consumed with getting them saved that we forget the love that God has given us and how we are suppose to show that same love to others around us.

I know what I am talking about... So!

I have been to church since I was born so I know... So!

I have read the Bible more than once... So!

I teach Bible School every year... So!

I went to school for 4 years for this... So!

I am a Sunday School teacher... So!

All these things sound good but what I know and what you know is not going to help without us showing how God has changed our hearts. Sometimes I feel we are a little arrogant with what we know and folks just don't want to be like us...this is sad and a little scary.

Mowing a yard, washing a car, taking someone groceries, sweeping a sidewalk, helping someone carry their groceries out, calling a neighbor that lives alone, holding a door, giving a stranger a dollar without question and smiling at some one just because. That is planting a seed that you may never see grow but somewhere down the line that seed that you and others have planted with flourish. Do something kind today...make someone think, "What is different about that person?" make someone think, "Why is that person so happy?"


4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.


13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.


Go out today and let GODS LOVE shine through you!!!

God is so Good!

3 comments:

Niki said...

Debbie,
Thank you for sharing this powerful reminder. It is true that no one is going to care how much you know until you show them how much you really care. Glad to see you blogging again.... :) I have missed your timely and insightful posts.

Love and Prayers!

Niki

Lois Christensen said...

Been missing your posts!!! Glad you're back! And you're so right! Do you remember that old song, "And they'll know we are Christians by our LOVE?" Your post is just what we need to see. People are desperate for love that only the Lord can fill! Enjoy your day!

Tara said...

Love is the greatest of these! Thanks again for an inspiring post. Have missed my bloggy friends. So good to be back.
HUGS!