Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It Felt Like Mothers Day!

Well this past week was busy and as you can see from the previous post a little stressful. I was so looking forward to the weekend and some good ole' family time. It was Fathers Day weekend and that day is always special at our house but this year it felt almost like Mothers Day. Kenny, Alycia and Kacey were asked to sing on Sunday. They got to pick their song and I was so pleased when they picked a hymn that has always been one of my favorites. I don't know about you all but I really like praise music but sometimes a old timey hymn just hits the spot.


The picture is fuzzy because I took it with my phone. Kacey didn't want me to make a big deal about it. Well I cried...it was a big deal to me...my babies with their daddy singing in church. Best gift I ever got for fathers day! LOL!!!! I think Kenny felt the same way! Oh! I forgot to tell you what they sang...Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus.

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

Refrain:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Through death into life everlasting He passed,
and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are!

His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

I had said that I had a pretty stressful week last week...Well...these words just made me feel so much better. Turn your eyes upon Jesus...Look full in His wonderful face! Have a wonderful week!

God is so Good!!!!! All the time!!!!

3 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Oh Debbie, I just love this song! Thanks for posting the words. With all I've been through I really needed today to just turn my eyes upon the Lord and He really did work all things out to His glory. We're still not home, but hopefully by tomorrow we will be. God is so good. Love that they sang together!!! Do you have a copy of them singing? That would be awesome. I hope and pray things will settle down for you!!! Enjoy your night!

Tara said...

I know what you mean about Praise songs. I love Praise and Worship, but occasionally a good ole hymn brings back great memories and is just what the doc ordered.
Sounds like great memories were made on this Father's Day.
Have a blessed one!

Shannon said...

What a joy to have your kid's singing in church. I can think of nothing better than that... well, maybe one thing... them singing with their daddy in church... priceless!!!